Saturday, May 2, 2009

Going into Week 7

Wow! I am one lucky girl to have Steve as my husband. I don't know if I would be able to put up with myself for 8 months. I have been a basket case. I am tired all the time, and my mood swings are craaazzzyyy...but somehow my husband still manages to make me laugh and not take me too seriously (even though I am being a major pain). This past week has been an emotional one and I heard it is going to be like this for awhile.

Tiredness: Okay, so today is Saturday and I went to bed at 10:00pm on Friday, slept in until 9:00 on Saturday, and then laid back on the couch from 1pm-5pm. Where am I now? The couch..and I have been on it since 7pm. I plan to go to bed at 10pm and no later. If you add that up I have been resting/sleeping 18 out of the last 24 hours. I was supposed to go to a Nascar race today and would have been up for 17hrs straight....so needless to say it was a good thing I didn't go.

Moodiness: Let me not fool you, moodiness is an under statement. Well I started out last week crying because Steve and I weren't going to the Nascar race (and I don't even like Nascar). Then I got mad at Steve for not showing enough desire to make me chicken, mashed potatoes, and asparagus on Tuesday evening. If someone doesn't say something exactly right, I take it offensively. Tonight I was two seconds away from making a scene at Pizza Hut because we had to wait 15 minutes for a server. I just wanted Pizza and salad! I am not sure it is safe to be around me.

Breasts: Seriously, should they already be getting bigger? I think I might have to go get new bras tomorrow.... and why can't I just wear sweat pants, sports bra, and a sweatshirt to work?
And I love my puppies, I do...but if they jump up on me and nail me where it hurts one more time....

This is what I want to know....I don't have any cravings, however, each day I know exactly what I want to eat and if I don't get what I am thinking about having then whatever I eat does not taste good to me. I also feel like my appetite has decreased but my stomach growls like every 2 hrs. Is this normal?

So that was my 6th week in a nutshell...Here is what I get to look forward to this next week
I have my first doctor's appt. on Tuesday. Hopefully with a great update ;-)


Week Seven: Arms and legs begin to grow

You are 7 weeks pregnant. (five weeks from conception)
The embryo is around 13 mm (1/2 inch) in length.
The heart is beating with one chamber.
A dividing wall is formed in the heart.
Arm and leg buds begin to grow.
The lower jaw and the vocal cords are beginning to form.
The mouth opening is formed.
The inner ear is being created.
The digestive tract is developing
The navel string is being created


The following organs are being formed: the lungs, the liver, the pancreas and the thyroid gland.The baby's eyes and inner ears are starting to develop. It is about now that your baby's major organs (heart, lungs liver, spleen, and kidneys) are beginning to develop. Your baby's digestive system is becoming more refined as the stomach and intestines develop. Remember the Folic Acid you should be taking? Well, since the Neural tube (later known as spinal cord) begins to fuse, folic acid is important in preventing neural tube defects. The embryo size is about a 1/8 inch (4mm) long. On the 26th day after fertilization, the embryo's tiny heart begins to beat. Other major organs, including the kidneys and liver, have begun to develop, and the neural tube, which connects the brain and spinal cord, closes. The physical sensations of pregnancy have started--nausea, fatigue, sore breasts and frequent urination. The embryo's arms and legs begin to grow from buds at each side. At first the hands and feet are shaped like paddles, but the fingers soon take shape. Lenses of the eyes appear - You would notice your baby's appearance is becoming increasing like a newborn's. Brain is growing well - Did you know that over the course of the remaining months that your baby's brain will develop over 100 billion neurons? This is just the beginning.

4 comments:

  1. It will all get better! Your hormones are just changing so rapidly. Steve is a good man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me honey, you'll be OK. And it's SO worth it :) Just hang in there. Only a few weeks left and you'll start to feel more like yourself. The second trimester is the best. You start to feel the baby move and you can register when you find out the sex! It's so much fun. Just hang on for a few more weeks! Love you! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very excited about my doctor's appointment. I want to see or feel the little one so bad right now. Thanks ladies for the support :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the doctors appointment today went well and you were able to see the heart beat! You should post the sonogram pictures on your blog.

    Love you mama and I'm crossing my fingers for a less stressful week for you! *muah*

    ReplyDelete