Saturday, April 25, 2009

It all started on Tuesday April 21, 2009

Steve and I have been trying for 5 months and since that time I have been on point, 28 days, with my period. So when I went through the whole 28th day (Sat. the 18th) with no period, I ran upstairs to secretly take a pregnancy test (I had one left from the last time I checked). Steve said that he has always wanted to be there when I did it...but I like to surprise people and for the last 5 months I have been daydreaming about what cool way I would tell him. Turns out--- it was negative. SUNDAY evening: I wanted to run out and buy another pregnancy test but decided I would wait to go to work and check my lotus notes calendar where I have marked the days I started my period. Monday evening: Still no period and my calendar said I was correct, I was three days late. TUESDAY at Work: I email my friend that works at a bank across the street from me "Marisa, go walk to Happy Harry's with me." I couldn't wait. I just new I was pregnant (at least that would explain the 4 lb weight gain in two weeks). I took the test as soon as I got back to work. Almost immediately two pink lines showed up. I was standing in the stall in my bank bathroom trying to take cell phone pictures of it to send to my girlfriends who knew I was thinking I was pregnant. So many things running through my mind: How am I going to tell Steve? Who can I call? Oh my gosh, I have something growing inside me, SO COOL! How am I going to go back to work and focus?

1 HOUR LONG DRIVE HOME: I called Krissy in hopes that she would keep me on the phone the whole time so I couldn't call anyone else before I tell Steve. She did.

HOW I TOLD HIM: I have heard crazy stories about how people have told their significant others that they are having a baby. I had a gazillion ideas in my mind leading up to this point and then lost them all on that day. I finally decided to stop and buy a bottle. I put the capped two positive pregnancy tests in the bottle and when I got home I snuck them next to the pickles in the fridge. The rest of the story is kind of funny but it is better on video tape. I asked Steve to get the pickles out of the fridge and he literally picked up the bottle and moved it aside to get to the pickles. He didn't even notice the bottle but once I convinced him to look in the fridge again...he found the bottle, picked it up to see inside and immediately hugged me. Yes, this is all on video tape. I tried to download the video but it is not working. Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment